Amazing news! You now have the skill of Quality Checking the content that has been written and proofread by fellow writers. This is such a super important skill to have – and not many get this skill so congratulations!
This phase is the last step between the work produced and when it’s sent to the client.
Quality Check (QC) is a procedure to ensure that the text meets all the client’s requirements and is written flawlessly. As the person doing the QC, you are checking to see whether the proofreader has done a great job
Our goal in the QC stage is to be able to approve all text without any changes.
What is expected from you as a Quality Checker?
- Make sure the written and proofread task follows language rules and client instructions.
- Correct any typos in the text and contact proofreader if you spot any infringement of the instructions given by the client
- Check if there are positive Copyscan-results.
If the text does not fulfil the requirements, return the task to the proofreader. This could be due to:
- repeated spelling errors,
- punctuation errors etc.
We want to encourage our proofreaders and help them improve, so whenever you need to send back a task, say something positive to reinforce what they are doing right so they keep doing it. Afterwards, point out which part they could improve. Don’t be afraid to be specific.
Be nice but be specific!
Super important stuff!
Please make sure the article passes Copyscape before you send it on to the next phase.
Here is a quick how-to do this:
- Scroll down the information column on the left of the page
- Underneath the tabs for ‘send’ ‘return’ ‘drop’ etc, you will see Copyscape.
- If there is ‘No’ next to Copyscape it means there is an issue.
- Please click on the ‘No’ and you will be directed to webpage that contains matching text.
- Once you’ve seen the issue, you can send the task back to writer explaining what needs to be fixed.
If text does not fulfill ALL the quality requirements (see table below), the text is sent back to the writer to improve the language to make for readable and correct text.
|Valid reasons to send a deliverable back to writer are:||Reasons to approve a deliverable are:|
|Spelling mistakes||Excellent spelling|
|Grammatical mistakes||Excellent grammar|
|Tone does not fit persona (incorrect tone of voice, too much colloquial terms, overstatements)||Adequate style and tone|
|Non-native (lack of flow – floating indexicals, lack of transitional words, lack of logical connections between sentences, machine translated)||High readability and good flow|
|Unnecessary repetitions with words and sentence length||Text conveys information efficiently and uses synonyms accordingly|
|Factual mistakes and errors, article is not about the subject specified by the title and in the specific instructions.||Well researched – factually correct text.|
We never deliver poor quality to our clients.
Remember, as a Quality Checker, you have the final call in sending the task to the Client. It’s so important that we give great feedback to proofreaders. The quicker they learn, the fewer mistakes they will make in the future – which means you will be able to QC more quickly without ANY changes! Win-Win for all!
And in case you encounter any difficulty, we have online chat available at certain times. One of our Content Managers will help you out!
Happy Quality Checking and stay awesome!